We have a challenge for you! With Thanksgiving this week, we invite you to write down 100 things you are grateful for this week:
• 10 people in your life that you are grateful for.
• 10 people who have died you are grateful for.
• 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
• 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
• 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
• 10 things about today you are grateful for.
• 10 places in your town that you are grateful for.
• 10 modern-day inventions you are grateful for.
• 10 foods you are grateful for.
• 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.
“We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain? Being grateful in times of distress does not mean that we are pleased with our circumstances. It does mean that through the eyes of faith we look beyond our present-day challenges. “This is not a gratitude of the lips but of the soul. It is a gratitude that heals the heart and expands the mind.” (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Grateful in Any Circumstances”).
An old Chinese proverb says, ‘When you drink the water, don’t forget the well from whence it sprung.’ ” Have fun writing down your list of 100! And Happy Thanksgiving from Latter-Day Soldiers!